Saturday, June 22, 2013

This Blog

Ah, I've always promised myself that I would start a blog, if not to become a famous writer then at least to document some of my experiences in this beautiful city of New York (especially the borough of Queens, after which the blog is named). Finally, I have mustered the willpower and fended off rampant procrastination to start this blog. So what exactly will I cover in 'Inquisitive in Queens'? As of now, mostly live music that I go to see, possible reviews of new music releases, and a constant stream about life in the borough of Queens. Queens in itself is undergoing a metamorphosis. The neighborhoods of Astoria, Long Island City, Sunnyside, and even Woodside have seen a 'gentrification' for lack of a better word. Transplants from Brooklyn and Manhattan as well as students from the world over are populating these key neighborhoods in the borough, bringing with them an appreciation for art, and the energy of 20 somethings looking for something to do. I personally live in the Rockaways, an area that in the year prior to Sandy was finally receiving the attention it deserved as an area with a ton of potential as a recreation destination. With the addition of the VW dome, however, Rockaway is starting to rebound, at least culturally, as the dome offers many cultural opportunities to the artistically starved community. So, throughout the summer, as I bask in the experiences of the city, hopefully meet new people, and discover new ideas, I will post to this site my findings. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment